Sunday 3 January 2016

Just do it.

I've been trying to start this blog for a while now, but something has always been stopping me. Which has gotten me thinking about how much we limit ourselves, we allow ourselves to be held down by what others may think of us or what is most logical. But in doing this, we forget to follow our hearts. For me I allow myself to be held down by whether or not anyone will read this blog if I start it, or am I a good enough writer. When really that doesn't matter, I like to write- so I should write.
I'm sure many remember that absolutely gut wrenching scene in the second High School Musical When Gabriella leaves Troy with the words I've got to move on and be who I am, I just don’t belong here I hope you understand. (Excuse me while I go and ugly cry over that scene)So take a lesson from high school musical- be reckless, be crazy, don’t follow rules, instead follow the steadily increasing beat of your heart.
I have a younger brother who has a tendency in the middle of the night to belt out an ear splitting rendition of ‘I will always love you’. Now at three AM I really don’t appreciate being roused from my slumber by a 14 year old's off pitch voice. But I know that for whatever insane reason his late night jam sessions make him weirdly happy. So stupidly, I encourage him to continue. Because his late night singing isn't about me and the way my ears bleed. It’s about him and how it makes him feel.

Some things in life are going to make your heart sing (hopefully not ‘I will always love you’ at midnight). These are the things you should be doing. Even if it means taking a risk, even if it means people might judge you, even if it means you might lose people. Because nothing else matters, so do what makes you happy.  So like Gabriella, walk away. Or like my brother sing at the top of your lungs in the middle of the night. Whatever it may be- Just do it. 

- Shania Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment